Skip to main content Skip to footer

Overseas Healthcare Services

We manage reciprocal healthcare for people travelling to and from most European countries on behalf of the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC).

If you need medical treatment outside the UK, you may be entitled to:

  • a UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC)
  • a UK European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
  • a Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC)
  • an S1
  • an S2

Get healthcare cover for travelling abroad

How to get help paying for healthcare costs while you’re travelling abroad

Healthcare cover when moving abroad

Information about S1 entitlements if you have an exportable benefit or if you're a posted worker

Planned treatment or giving birth abroad

Find out how you can get help with the costs of planned treatment or giving birth outside the UK

Claim a refund for treatment costs

How to claim a refund for treatment you paid for while visiting another country

Contact Overseas Healthcare Services

How to contact us about your UK GHIC, UK EHIC, PRC, S1, or S2.