On FP17Os, ‘Orthodontic assessment and de-bond – Overseas patient' is being introduced as a new item.
This item must only be used if the:
- date of assessment is 1 October 2022 or later
- IOTN score is present or IOTN not applicable is selected
- patient is from overseas and they are unable to provide their orthodontic treatment records due to circumstances outside of their control
- patient has an orthodontic appliance
- patient has no history of NHS orthodontic treatment
- patient does not pay for NHS dental treatment
Once your FP17O claim is successfully validated, you will receive one UOA.
If ‘Orthodontic assessment and de-bond – Overseas patient’ is not available on your dental practice management system, you can use the online form in Compass.
For further information, read completion of form guidance – FP17O (under the ‘Dental forms’ heading).