From 1 October 2022, NHS England is introducing changes to the dental contract. These changes are referenced in NHS England’s first stage of Dental Reform letter and affects all NHS dental teams in England.
To support the dental contract changes, in collaboration with your dental practice management system supplier, we’re rolling out changes to the FP17 and FP17O.
Changes to FP17s
On FP17s from 1 October 2022, new mandatory fields are being introduced so you can record the:
- number of permanent molar teeth endodontically treated (root filled)
- number of permanent non-molar teeth endodontically treated (root filled)
- highest BPE sextant score for all banded courses of treatment
- total number of untreated decayed teeth at the clinical examination (check-up or start of a course of treatment)
- mandatory recall interval for the patient in line with NICE guidance
If you’re a Dental Care Professional (DCP) and you’ve been involved in a course of treatment, you must record your GDC number on the FP17.
New orthodontic assessment item on FP17Os
On FP17Os, ‘Orthodontic assessment and de-bond – Overseas patient' is being introduced as a new item.
We have a suite of guidance documents to support you:
- FP17 and FP17O changes from 1 October 2022 – a quick reference guide for dental teams (Word: 246KB)
- Completion of form guidance – FP17 (under the ‘Dental forms’ heading)
- Completion of form guidance – FP17O (under the ‘Dental forms’ heading)
Information from NHS England is also available:
For any questions on FP17s, FP17Os or Compass, you can contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions regarding dental policy, please contact NHS England.