Find out about the funding available for social work students and how to apply.
The Social Work Bursary:
- can help with study and living costs
- is a grant not a loan
- gets paid into your bank account at the start of each term, if you are eligible
- is only available to students who meet the course and residency criteria
- is subject to capping, so the number of students who can receive a bursary is limited
- must be applied for each academic year
Social Work Bursary guidance
Your guide to Social Work Bursaries 2022/23 (4KB)
Before you apply
Read through the guidance booklet for the year you’re applying for.
When to apply
If your academic year starts from 1 September to 31 December, you must submit your application by 1 November 2023.
If your academic year starts from 1 January onwards, you must submit your application by 16 February 2024.
If your academic year starts from 1 March onwards, you must submit your application by 22 March 2024.
Applications received after the relevant date will not be accepted.
How to apply for the 2023/24 academic year
If you’re a new Social Work Bursary student, you should apply for your bursary for the 2023/24 academic year at the earliest opportunity. We encourage you to submit your application to us by 31 July to guarantee payment for September.
Continuing Social Work Bursary students can access their existing MyFunding account:
Log in to your MyFunding account
Uploading a document to your MyFunding account for the 2023/24 academic year only
The selected file must be:
- a JPG, BMP, PNG, TIF or PDF
- an original version which displays the document in full
- clear and in focus
- in colour
- unaltered by computer software
- at least 50KB and no more than 8 MB
If the document does not meet this criteria your application will be rejected.