You can use our exemption checker to find out if you have a valid:
- medical exemption certificate
- maternity exemption certificate
- NHS Tax Credit Exemption certificate
- HC2 certificate
- 3 or 12 month Prescription Prepayment Certificate that covers all NHS prescriptions
It will tell you if your certificate:
- is still valid and when it will expires
- entitles you to free NHS prescriptions
- entitles you to free NHS dental treatment
Check before you tick
Check your certificate is still valid before claiming help with your health costs. Checks are made on claims for free NHS prescriptions and free and reduced cost NHS dental treatment. If you claim incorrectly you could have to pay a penalty charge.
Check if you're eligible for help
If you do not have a valid exemption you can check if you could get help to pay NHS costs.
NHS Hormone Replacement Therapy Prescription Prepayment Certificate (HRT PPC)
You cannot use this service to check if you have a valid HRT PPC.