We want our customers and service users to help us review and develop our services. To do this, we carry out research so we better understand the needs of our customers and improve their experiences.
There are lots of different ways that you could get involved, including completing surveys or volunteering for our research panel.
You can find out how we use your information when you take part in research.
Our research panel
We regularly conduct feedback about our services and we need your help to do this. We’re always looking for people to take part a variety of activities including online surveys, one-to-one interviews and focus groups/workshops.
In order to participate in research with us, you must be at least 16 years old.
What you can expect from joining the panel
If you sign up for the panel, we’ll collect:
- your name
- email address
- which of our services you have used or applied for.
We may later ask you to provide additional details, such as what region of the country you live in or your gender.
From time to time, we may contact you by email to see if you would like to take part in research with us. At that time we would provide you with full details of the research and what you would be asked to do. You can then decide if you would like to participate in that piece of research or not.
We won’t contact you more than a few times per month. Where possible, we’ll update you on findings from our research.
Storing your details
All contact details and information supplied by research volunteers will be stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We'll store and process your information, adhering to strict rules to protect the personal data under our control.
You can read more about this in our Data Protection Policy.
We'll only use your details to contact you about research opportunities, and not for any other purpose.
Occasionally, we may work with our research agency to help us conduct interviews or focus groups. They work to the 'Market Research Society Code of Conduct' and will not use your details for any other purpose.
Your details may be shared with related organisations such as the Department of Health or NHS England for research invitations related to our services.
We'll store your details for one year, although you can contact us at any time before that to have your details removed.
Leaving the panel
You can withdraw from the research panel at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Terms and conditions
We respect your right to confidentiality and anonymity.
Evidence collected from our research will be reported anonymously. It will not be possible to identify you individually from your responses.
Your contact details may be shared with our research agency for the purpose of the stated piece of research only.
Your details will not be shared with any other third party agencies.
By joining our research panel, we require you to respect the general terms and conditions found on our website.
If you choose to take part in our research, we ask for you to do this honestly and in good faith.
Prize draw rules
If you'd like to take part in the prize draw for your chance to win £50 in shopping vouchers, provide your name and contact details at the end of the survey.
We'll only use contact details to notify the prize draw winners. All other information gathered in the survey is anonymous.
Prize draw rules
- There are 3 prizes of £50 in shopping vouchers and three winners per quarter.
- The prize draw is open to people who have entered in the quarter and have completed one of the surveys about:
- prescription prepayment certificates
- medical exemption certificates
- maternity exemption certificates
- the NHS Low Income Scheme
- European/Global Health Insurance Cards
- NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificates
- Entry to the prize draw is restricted to one entry per person per quarter.
- Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Our employees are not eligible to take part in the prize draw.
- The prize draw will take place quarterly on 1 October, 2 January, 1 April and 1 July, or the next working day if the date falls on a weekend or bank holiday.
- All entrants must be 16 and over and residents of the UK.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative prize is available.
- Three winners will be chosen at random from all entries.
- Winners will be contacted by email or telephone within 6 weeks of the draw date.
- Prizes should be claimed within 3 weeks of initial notification. Failure to claim a prize will result in a redraw to select another winner.
- The use of shopping vouchers will be subject to terms and conditions of the vouchers.
- The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the prize draw, participants consent to the disclosure of their name in the event of a win, to people enquiring.
All personal data we collect is handled in accordance with the requirements and safeguards of the Data Protection Act.
If you would like to enter the prize draw without having completed a survey, write to us, using pre-paid post, at:
NHS Business Services Authority,
Customer Insight & Research,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
Such requests must be in English, legible, and include your full name, contact telephone number and UK residential address.
For more information about how your data is used and stored please view our privacy notice.
We undertake customer satisfaction surveys about the various services we offer so that we can continue to review and improve the services we provide.
To say thank you for taking part in a survey, you can enter into a prize draw to win £50 of shopping vouchers.