We will use your information to:
- confirm your identity (this is not normally applicable for Freedom of Information requests)
- contact you about your request
- answer your request
- monitor the resource impact of your request
- help plan and make improvements to NHS services and direct patient care
Your information will only be transferred outside of the UK if your correspondence details are outside of that area.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your information with other public organisations if you ask that they handle your request.
Keeping your personal information
We will check and note any evidence that proves your identity. We will securely return original documents and securely destroy any copies.
We will delete your information no later than 3 years after the date we received your request.
The information you provided will be managed as required by Data Protection law.
You have the right to:
- receive a copy of the information the NHSBSA hold about you
- request your information be changed if you believe it was not correct at the time you provided it
From 25 May 2018, you have the right to:
- request that your information be deleted if you believe we are keeping it for longer than necessary.
Find out more about your rights and how we process information.