The NHS Business Services Authority is responsible for this service.
Why we process your information
We will use the information you give in this application to:
- manage your payment for your prescription prepayment certificate
- help plan and make improvements to NHS services and direct patient care
By law, we must process this information to be able to provide this service.
We will ask you for:
- information to identify you
- bank account or credit or debit card details to process your payment
We may use your information to:
- check that your certificate is valid - if we can’t confirm that it’s valid, you may be sent a Penalty Charge Notice
- analyse with other patients' information to understand patterns and trends that will be used to plan and make improvements to NHS Services
Your information will not be transferred outside the UK or European Economic Area.
Sharing your personal information
To support more effective planning and improvements to NHS services and patient care, we may share our understanding of patterns and trends gained from patient information with:
- NHS Commissioners and service providers
- Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC)
- NHS Counter Fraud Authority
To prevent, detect and investigate fraud and errors, we may share your information with NHS service providers.
If an investigation into errors with state benefit entitlement is needed, we:
- may receive or share your information with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP)
- will share pseudonymised information with DHSC so a decision can be made about any errors found
If appropriate, we will then implement the decision made by DHSC.
These investigations may require information over several years. This means we will need to keep your information until we have completed any changes needed.
Keeping your personal information
We will delete your personal data from our systems and files no later than 7 years from when you bought your prescription prepayment certificate.
The information you provided will be managed as required by Data Protection law.
You have the right to:
- receive a copy of the information the NHSBSA hold about you
- request your information be changed if you believe it was not correct at the time you provided it
- request that your information be deleted if you believe we are keeping it for longer than necessary
- request a review of the automated decision to issue you with a Penalty Charge Notice
Find out more about your rights and how we process information.
Find out more about the cookies we use when you use our online service.