Skip to main content Skip to footer

Useful information

We provide information about your NHS pension in a variety of ways.

These include:

  • newsletters for members
  • an NHS employer directory
  • details for independent financial advice

Pensions news

We produce newsletters for members and pensioners.

Member newsletter

You can keep up to date with the latest news by subscribing to our member newsletter.

Sign up by completing our online member newsletter subscription form.

To help us evaluate our services, we may contact you from time to time to invite you to share your views. Your details will not be shared with any third parties. 

Employer directory

If you need to contact your current or previous employer, you may be able to find their contact details using our employer directory.

Independent financial advice

NHS Pensions and Pensions Officers cannot give you financial advice.

You should seek independent financial advice about the best pension arrangements for you.

Types of advisers

All financial advisers have to decide whether to be ‘independent’ or ‘restricted’.

An independent financial adviser can offer a range of financial services and products.

A restricted financial adviser can only offer products from one company or a selection of companies.

Before you ask for advice, make sure you know which type of adviser you’re dealing with. Most advisers charge for their advice.

Finding advisers

Your Pensions Officer may help you find independent financial advice.

For a list of local companies, you can go

Check the adviser you've chosen

Check whether the Financial Conduct Authority authorises your chosen adviser/company.

You can write to the Financial Conduct Authority at:

Financial Conduct Authority,
25 The North Colonnade,
Canary Wharf,
E14 5HS

You can also contact the Financial Conduct Authority by:

Telephone: 0845 606 1234

Useful links

You can find useful information from the following organisations.

NHS Pension Board

They provide scrutiny and assurance of the administration of NHS Pensions Scheme. You can visit the NHS Pension Board website.

The Money Advice Service

This is a free independent service set up by the Government to help you manage your money better.

It gives clear, unbiased advice to help you make informed choices about your finances.

A tool on the Money Advice Service website helps you give your finances a health check. is the UK government’s digital service for people in England and Wales.

It delivers information and advice about public services, all in one place.

This includes information about money, tax, benefits, pensions and retirement planning.

The Pensions Regulator

The Pensions Regulator is the UK regulator for work-based pension schemes.

Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is an independent body regulating the financial services industry in the UK.

They work across the UK financial industry to ensure:

  • confidence
  • financial stability
  • consumer protection
  • reduction of financial crime

The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS)

The Pensions Advisory Service can provide information and guidance concerning your pension arrangements.

You can contact The Pensions Advisory Service by:

Telephone: 0300 123 1047


The Pensions Ombudsman

If you have a complaint or dispute with your pension provider concerning your workplace or personal pension arrangements you should contact The Pensions Ombudsman.

You can write to The Pensions Ombudsman at:

The Pensions Ombudsman,
10 South Colonnade,
Canary Wharf,
E14 4PU

You can also contact The Pensions Ombudsman by:

Telephone: 0800 917 4487