Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance and measures
The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has announced it is extending the retire and return easements beyond the 31 October 2022:
- the 16-hour rule will be suspended to 31 March 2023, with further proposals for it to be permanently removed from 1 April 2023
- abatement of special class status members who retire with 1995 Section benefits and return to work between age 55 to 60 will be suspended to 31 March 2025
- abatement of draw-down members of the 2008 Section and 2015 Scheme will be suspended to 31 March 2023
Read our guidance on support for retired members.
What you can do in the pensioner hub
If you’re an NHS pensioner or a surviving spouse, partner or dependant we have information on:
- pensions increase and P60s
- being re-employed in the NHS
- having your pension paid overseas
- what happens to your pension in the event of your death
- what you should do if you have a change of circumstances
- Guaranteed Minimum Pension (GMP)
- overpayments and what to do
You should also read the useful information we have available.
You can contact us if you need to.
Reminder of postal address change
Our postal address is:
NHS Pensioner Admin
PO Box 2269